Our neighbors put up some nice mid-century house numbers, which gave us house number envy as we had no house numbers. I looked into buying some but nice, mid-century numbers cost more than I was willing to spend. During my number search I found another blog where the guy had made his own numbers. He even provided the template. So I set out to copy him. The cost was zero since I had all the stuff already. A little digging through the wood pile, a little digging through the paint cabinet and a little digging through the nail/screw cabinet.
Pattern slapped down, clamped, and ready for surgery.
I used a combination of hole saw and jig saw to cut out the numbers.
Time for some sanding.
Using the Dremel for refinement and smoothing.
Shaping the round parts. Once I got it smoother, I decided not to sand with a finer grit as this was kind of looking like a brushed steel texture.
Not bad. Close up it isn’t exact like a machined number, but you won’t be this close to them.
From here, they seem passable for store-bought, metal numbers. And from the street, you wouldn’t even have a clue.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink